TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa* Card
Chat Now How to Apply or call 1-800-983-8472
Based on data current as of July 2016. Visit Moneysense.ca/cbcc16 for methodology. TMMoneySense is a trademark of Rogers Media Inc., used under license.
No annual fee1
TD Prime +1.50%
up to TD Prime +12.75%2
- You are a Canadian resident
New to Canada? TD offers banking products for newcomers View details
- You meet the age of majority in your province/territory of residence[?]
Are you a student? TD has credit cards to help meet your needs.
A good choice if:
- You want to save on interest at a preferred low variable annual interest rate
- You want to enjoy the same low interest rates on all your Purchases and Cash Advance transactions
- You want the option to purchase Travel Medical Insurance3 and Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance4
- You want to enjoy all of the benefits of your TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa* Card using Apple Pay. It's the easy, secure, and private way to pay.5
Benefits of this Card
Receive special automotive benefits that help you get from A to B.
Save with Avis Rent A Car and Budget Rent A Car
Use your TD Credit Card to save a minimum of 10% off the lowest available base rates6,7 in Canada and the U.S., and a minimum of 5% off the lowest available base rates6,7 internationally, on qualifying car rentals at participating Avis and Budget locations.
Optional TD Auto Club Membership8
Convenient services that make your banking experience more comfortable.
Use Apple Pay wherever contactless payments are accepted
Apple Pay is accepted in a growing number of shops, restaurants, and plenty of other retailers. Many apps have also added Apple Pay to their accepted methods of payment. Just look for the Apple Pay or contactless payment symbols at the check-out.
Emergency Cash Advances9
You can ask for an emergency Cash Advance up to $500 for the TD Emerald Flex Rate Visa* Card (subject to your available credit limit).
Visa Checkout is an easier way to pay online. Sign up for Visa Checkout, a service available from Visa that simplifies the online checkout process.10 It's available anywhere you see the Visa Checkout logo.
No matter where you shop, make your transactions more secure.
Visa Zero Liability
Shop online and in person securely with Visa Zero Liability and be protected in the event that unauthorized transactions are made on your Card. See your Cardholder Agreement for complete information on unauthorized transactions and your responsibilities including your responsibility to protect your PIN.
Chip & PIN technology
TD Visa Cards with Chip and PIN technology provide an added level of security through the use of a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Visa payWave* Technology
Visa payWave Technology is the secure, convenient, “contactless” way to pay for small-dollar purchases at participating retailers. It’s faster and more convenient than cash.
Verified by Visa*
Verified by Visa provides you with increased security and convenience when you shop online.
Ways to Apply
Our banking specialists
are ready to answer any questions you might have.
or email us
Locate a branch
By Address, Intersection, City, Postal Code OR by Branch Number.
Annual interest rates, fees and features are current as of June 19, 2017 unless otherwise indicated and subject to change.
- 1 Primary Cardholder remains liable for all charges to the Account, including those made by any Authorized User. Maximum of 3 Authorized User Cards on the Account.
- 2 Preferred variable annual interest rate is TD Prime rate (TD Prime) + 1.50%, TD Prime +3.75%, TD Prime +7.75%, TD Prime +9.25%, TD Prime + 10.75%, or TD Prime +12.75% depending on your credit assessment. As of July 13, 2017, TD Prime was 2.95% so preferred rates range from 4.20% to 15.45%. Visit http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/customer-service/todays-rates/td-prime/prime.jsp for current TD Prime. Standard Rate of 24.99% on Purchases or 27.99% on Cash Advances applies if Minimum Payment is not received within 30 days of Payment Due Date.
- 3 All TD Canada Trust customers including TD Credit Cardholders are eligible to apply for optional Travel Medical Insurance underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company. Some applications are subject to underwriting. Medical and claims assistance, claims payment and administrative services are provided by our Administrator. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions, including a pre-existing condition exclusion, that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance which is issued if accepted for enrollment. Travel Medical Insurance can be purchased by calling 1-800-293-4941, or visiting www.tdcanadatrust.com. Note that this optional insurance offers different benefits, on different terms and conditions, then the Travel Medical Insurance that is automatically included with other TD Credit Cards.
- 4 All TD Canada Trust customers including TD Credit Cardholders are eligible to apply for optional Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance, underwritten by TD Life Insurance Company (medical covered causes) and TD Home and Auto Insurance Company (non-medical covered causes). Claims assistance, claims payment and administrative services are provided by our Administrator. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions, including a pre-existing condition exclusion, that are fully described in the Certificate of Insurance. Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Insurance can be purchased by calling 1-800-293-4941 or by visiting www.tdcanadatrust.com. Note that this optional insurance offers different benefits, on different terms and conditions, then the Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance that is automatically included with other TD Credit Cards.
- 5 Apple Pay works with iPhone 6 and later in stores, apps, and websites in Safari; with Apple Watch in stores and apps; with iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 and later in apps and websites; and with Mac in Safari with an Apple Pay enabled iPhone 6 or later or Apple Watch. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see https://support.apple.com/km207105
- 6 Provided by Avis Rent A Car System ULC. Minimum discount offer subject to discount code and to terms and conditions which may change without notice. Blackout dates may apply. Base rate refers to time and kilometer/miles charges only and other charges, including taxes, may apply. The Toronto-Dominion Bank is not responsible for any vehicles, services, discounts or other offers made available by Avis Rent A Car System ULC.
- 7 Provided by Budget Rent A Car System, Inc. Minimum discount offer subject to discount code and to terms and conditions which may change without notice. Blackout dates may apply. Base rate is based on time and kilometer/miles charged only. The Toronto-Dominion Bank is not responsible for any vehicles, services, discounts or other offers made available by Budget Rent A Car System, Inc.
- 8 TD Auto Club provided by AXA Assistance Canada Inc., an independent third-party service provider. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates accept no responsibility in respect of these services.
- 9 Cash Advance is subject to available credit. Fees apply to each Cash Advance and Cash Advances accrue interest at the Cash Advance rate that applies to your Account from the date the Cash Advance is made.
- 10 The Visa Checkout service is made available through Visa. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates are not responsible for the service including any offers made available to you through the service.
*Trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license.
All trade-marks are the property of their respective owners. ® The TD logo and other trade-marks are the property of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
New to Canada?
If you arrived in Canada within the last two years, TD offers credit cards in addition to a banking package which includes the ability to apply for a credit card without having Canadian credit history.