Life Planning › New to Canada › About TD
We’re proud to celebrate more than 100 years of serving newcomers to Canada, delivering on our reputation as a bank you can trust.
Safe and secure banking
- Global Finance named TD Bank one of the World’s 50 Safest Banks in its 2013 rankings.
- When you bank with TD, your money and personal information are always protected.
- Our Online Security Guarantee protects you from theft or losses from unauthorized online banking activity.
- When you use your TD Credit Card, with Zero Liability protection from either Visa or MasterCard (as applicable) you are protected against unauthorized transactions.3
Bank online, over the phone, or at one of our 2,800 ATMs (automated bank machines). You can even bank on the go using the TD mobile app.
Our banking package for
newcomers to Canada
It has everything you need to get started.
- Get an account with no monthly fee
- Get a bonus rate on your savings account
- Get a credit card
- No fee money transfer
- And more!
Explore these other products and services
Access your money at a branch or ATM, pay bills, write cheques and more.
Helps build your Canadian credit history while allowing you to enjoy the convenience of being able to make purchases with your Card, including using it to shop online, rent a car, or to book travel.
Earn interest on your money and watch your savings grow.
Transfer money safely to family or friends anywhere in the world.4
Helping you every step of the way
- Financing a car
- Financing a home
- Planning for your children’s education
- Investing your savings
- Starting a business
See how to borrow, save and invest
Do you have questions about banking in Canada? We’re here to help
We’d be happy to answer any questions you have about banking or finances and provide you with a personal financial assessment. Visit a local branch to make an appointment.
1 Individual branch hours may vary.
2 See the applicable Cardholder Agreement for information on unauthorized transactions.
3 Certain restrictions apply in the U.S. and other regions. See terms and conditions for more information.