Send money anywhere in the world
Transfer money online, by wire transfer, bank draft or certified cheque
We know how important it is to take care of your family and friends at home. So we give you a number of safe and secure options to send money.
- Visa Direct – send money online to almost anywhere in the world1
- Wire transfers – send money from your TD account in 25 foreign currencies
- Bank drafts
- Certified cheques
- Interac e-transfer – send money online anywhere in Canada
To use our money transfer service, you will need to open a bank account.
As a newcomer to Canada, you will need to visit a local TD branch to open a savings account.
Foreign currency and travel insurance
We can help you convert money to the currency you need. You can also order foreign currency in a branch, online or by phone — the choice is yours.
Are you planning a trip home or going on vacation? Enjoy the security that comes with Travel Medical Insurance2.
We’ve been serving newcomers to Canada
for over 100 years
When you bank with TD, your money and personal information are always protected.
More than 1,150 branches — open later and longer than other Canadian banks, with 400 open on Sundays3
Service in more than 200 languages.
Explore these other solutions for newcomers to Canada
Our New to Canada package
Our package for newcomers to Canada includes a money transfer service — which includes one free Visa Direct fee, each month for 6 months.
When you visit a TD branch, you’ll need to bring 2 pieces of identification:
(1) One of the following documents:
- Permanent Resident Card
- Confirmation of permanent residence (IMM Form 5292)
- Temporary Permit (IMM Form 1442, 1208, 1102)
(2) One of the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Canadian Driver’s Licence
- Canadian Government Identification card
Other identification documents may be acceptable or required. Please visit a TD branch for details.
To qualify for the New to Canada banking package:
- You are either a Permanent Resident or Temporary Resident of Canada for 2 years or less
- You provide proof of your status through your Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Permit.
- You have never opened or held a TD Chequing Account
- You are the age of majority in your Province or Territory of Residence.
1Certain restrictions apply in the U.S. and other regions. See terms and conditions for more information.
2Subject to product eligibility, including Canadian provincial or territorial government health insurance plan coverage.
3Individual branch hours vary.
You ask, we answer