Life PlanningNew to CanadaProducts and Services › Money Transfers

Send money anywhere in the world


Transfer money online, by wire transfer, bank draft or certified cheque

We know how important it is to take care of your family and friends at home. So we give you a number of safe and secure options to send money.

man with a woman

To use our money transfer service, you will need to open a bank account.

As a newcomer to Canada, you will need to visit a local TD branch to open a savings account.

What do I need to bring with me?

Foreign currency and travel insurance

woman with a child looking into glass

We can help you convert money to the currency you need. You can also order foreign currency in a branch, online or by phone — the choice is yours.

Foreign currency services

Currency exchange calculator

woman with two children walking on beach

Are you planning a trip home or going on vacation? Enjoy the security that comes with Travel Medical Insurance2.

Travel Medical Insurance that fits your needs

We’ve been serving newcomers to Canada
for over 100 years

When you bank with TD, your money and personal information are always protected.

More than 1,150 branches — open later and longer than other Canadian banks, with 400 open on Sundays3

Service in more than 200 languages.

Explore these other solutions for newcomers to Canada

Our New to Canada package

Our package for newcomers to Canada includes a money transfer service — which includes one free Visa Direct fee, each month for 6 months.

When you visit a TD branch, you’ll need to bring 2 pieces of identification:

(1) One of the following documents:

  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Confirmation of permanent residence (IMM Form 5292)
  • Temporary Permit (IMM Form 1442, 1208, 1102)

(2) One of the following documents:

  • A valid passport
  • Canadian Driver’s Licence
  • Canadian Government Identification card
To qualify for the New to Canada banking package:
  • You are either a Permanent Resident or Temporary Resident of Canada for 2 years or less
  • You provide proof of your status through your Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Permit.
  • You have never opened or held a TD Chequing Account
  • You are the age of majority in your Province or Territory of Residence.

TD Helps

You ask, we answer