A safe and convenient way to make purchases
A credit card is a convenient way to pay for everyday purchases so you don’t have to carry cash. Here are some of the other ways that a credit card can be useful to you.
- Establish your Canadian credit history which can later help you get a loan or mortgage
- Shop securely
- Make a purchase and pay for it later
- Track your spending
We have a range of credit card products to meet your needs:
Expand I need help finding the right Credit Card
We offer a range of Credit Cards to meet your needs.
Expand I need to build a credit history in Canada
Using a Credit Card responsibly and paying it off on time are ways to help build your credit history. With a positive credit history, it will be easier to borrow money to buy a car, a home, or open a business.
Expand Enhance your protection with Credit Cards
- Protection against fraudulent charges
- Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Protection1
Expand Do your Credit Cards offer rewards?
There are a number of different reward programs on select TD Credit Cards, such as cash back rewards and travel rewards
We’ve been serving newcomers to Canada for over 100 years
When you bank with TD, your money and personal information are always protected.
More than 1,150 branches — open later and longer than other Canadian banks, with 400 open on Sundays.2
Service in over 200 languages.
Our New to Canada package
Our package for newcomers to Canada includes a chequing account.
To qualify for the New to Canada banking package:
- You are either a Permanent Resident or Temporary Resident of Canada for 2 years or less
- You provide proof of your status through your Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Permit
- You have never opened or held a TD Chequing Account
- You are the age of majority in your Province or Territory of Residence