Products and Services
Our banking package for newcomers
New to Canada banking package1
Start building your financial foundation in Canada:
Expand Am I eligible?
To qualify for the New to Canada banking package:
- You are either a Permanent Resident or Temporary Resident of Canada for 2 years or less
- You provide proof of your status through your Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Permit
- You have never opened or held a TD Chequing Account
- You are the age of majority in your Province or Territory of Residence
Expand Get a chequing account with no monthly fee2
Get a chequing account with no monthly fee:
- Unlimited Chequing Account or All-Inclusive Banking Plan
- No monthly account fee for 6 months!2
- As many transactions as you need
- Apply and add Overdraft Protection to your account for those times when you are a little short on funds3
Expand Get a savings account with a bonus rate4
Get a savings account with a bonus rate4
- TD Every Day Savings Account, TD High Interest Savings Account or TD ePremium Savings Account
- Earn a bonus rate on your savings for 6 months4
- No monthly account fee
Expand Get a credit card, no credit history required5
Get a credit card5:
- Get an unsecured TD Credit Card even if you have no credit history, and be eligible for a credit limit of up to $1,000
- Higher credit limits may be available to you with a secured TD Credit Card
- A credit card can help you build your Canadian credit history
Expand Get no-fee money transfers6
Get no-fee money transfers:
- Transfer money internationally using Visa Direct and we’ll refund the transfer fee on one transfer per month for six months6
- Send money to over 170 countries in more than 150 currencies7
Expand What do I need to bring to the branch?
When you visit a TD branch, you’ll need to bring 2 pieces of identification:
1. One of the following documents:
- Permanent Resident Card
- Confirmation of permanent residence (e.g., IMM Form 5292)
- Temporary Permit (e.g., IMM Form 1442, 1208, 1102)
2. One of the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Canadian Driver’s Licence
- Canadian Government Identification card
Other identification documents may be acceptable or required. Please visit a TD branch for details.
Are you an International Student?
From everyday banking to credit cards and money transfers, see how we’ve got you covered while you settle in with the TD International Student Package.
Buy your first home in Canada8
- You may qualify for a TD mortgage, even if you don’t yet have credit in Canada
- A TD specialist can help guide you with the financing for a new home
- As your goals and finances change, TD Flexible Mortgage Features let you adapt your payments to fit your needs
What are your goals?
- Finance a car
- Finance a home
- Plan for my children’s education
- Invest my savings
- Start a business
1 You must meet the eligibility requirements in the “Am I eligible?” tab and provide the identification in the “What do I need to bring to the branch?” tab to qualify for the New to Canada banking package. We reserve the right to change, extend or withdraw this offer at any time.
2 Unlimited Chequing Account or All-Inclusive Banking Plan (the “New Chequing Account”) must be opened in order to waive the monthly account fee. The monthly account fee will only be waived for the first 6 months that the New Chequing Account is open and is limited to one account per person and the type of chequing account cannot change during the 6-month period. The monthly account fee waiver only applies to the regular/pro-rated monthly fee; all other fees will continue to apply. If the minimum monthly balance is maintained in the New Chequing Account in any given month during the first 6 months that the account is open and the monthly account fee is not charged, no monthly account fee waiver will be applied for that month.
3 Subject to TD’s credit granting criteria.
4 Savings Account bonus offer only applies to a TD Every Day Savings Account, a TD High Interest Savings Account or a TD ePremium Savings that is opened on or before the day the New Chequing Account was opened. Bonus offer is limited to 1 savings account per person and the type of savings account cannot change during the Offer Period. The bonus rate is in addition to the posted rate on the savings account and will be applied to the savings account commencing no later than 10 business days after the New Chequing Account was opened and will be effective for 6 months thereafter (“Offer Period”). Regular posted interest rates will apply after the end of the Offer Period. Bonus interest will be calculated separately and paid monthly. Interest rates are subject to change without notice.
5 Applicant must meet all TD credit granting criteria, and other conditions, to be eligible for a TD Credit Card. Only select TD Credit Cards are available as a secured TD Credit Card. For complete details, please visit your local TD branch.
6 Visa Direct fee refund offer is only available with the opening of a New Chequing Account and is limited to (1) one account per person, and (2) one Visa Direct fee per month for the six months following the date the account was opened. The transfer fee will be debited from customer’s account and then credited to the same account in the same currency. The credit will be processed by the 15th day of the month following the date on which the eligible transfer occurred if the account has not been closed. Customer will not receive any other notification of the credit. TD may amend or cancel the offer at any time. No other applicable fees will be refunded. TD will rebate the most expensive Visa Direct fee that occurred in the applicable month. If customer is sending money in a currency other than that of the originating account, a foreign exchange conversion will occur. Customer will be advised of the rate used for the conversion prior to completing the transaction and TD may earn revenue on the conversion. Regular account transaction fees may also apply. Recipient's financial institution may charge a fee to process the transfer and this fee may be deducted from the transfer amount. Recipient should check with their own financial institution for more information.
7 Certain restrictions apply in the U.S. and other regions. See terms and conditions for more information.
8 You may be eligible for a TD Mortgage, even if you have no Canadian credit history, provided you meet all of the other eligibility and credit criteria of TD Canada Trust. Lack of Canadian credit history is only available to customers who have been permanent residents in Canada less than 5 years.